Add a new text
Step 1. Importing and setting up Whonix Gateway
1. Run Virtualbox and go to File → Import Appliance, window will open, just click the folder
button and navigate to your Whonix .ova file you've downloaded. Next ►
2. Do not change any settings. Import, then Agree. Wait for it to import. Once it does, two new
Vms will appear in Virtualbox: Whonix-Gateway-XFCE and Whonix-Workstation-XFCE.
We're only interested in Whonix Gateway, so you can delete Whonix Workstation. You can
also leave it, maybe it'll come handy.
3. Select Whonix Gateway and click Start .
4. Once Whonix Gateway loads, you will be greeted with Anon Connection Wizard. If not, then
you can run it manually: Start → Anon Connection Wizard.
5. Select Configure. Next ►
6. Tick I need Tor bridges to bypass the Tor censorship checkbox. Select Connect with
provided bridges. Transport type: obfs4 (recommended). Next ►
7. Local proxy configuration. Do not change anything here. Next ►
8. Summary. Next ► Wait until the .icon on the taskbar becomes green.
9. WhonixCheck will run. While it's running, go to Start → WhonixCheck. Right click on it and
select Add to Panel. This will add a WhonixCheck icon to the taskbar, you will have to run it
every time you start Whonix.
10. After WhonixCheck is done, it will show you a results window. If there are any red
messages, then open the Terminal and type in: sudo apt-get-update-plus distupgrade. Type Y when it asks Y/N. Wait until it finishes, which running for the first time
could take a while. Go make yourself some coffee. Then run WhonixCheck again, the
messages should be all green now.
11. Change user and root passwords.
Default username user
Default password changeme
Open the Terminal and type in: sudo passwd user. Change it. Then type: sudo
passwd root. When asked, type in the new user password you've just created. Then type
in your new root password twice.
12. Sometimes you will need to Restart Tor. Go to Start → Restart Tor GUI . Right click on it
and click Add to Panel. Before restarting you will be asked for root password.
13. Shut down Whonix for now.
Step 2. Installing and Configuring Windows 10 VM
Since Windows 7 is no longer supported in 2020, we are forced to look for an alternative. Here's the
problem with Windows 10: it is basically a giant keylogger that's able to track and spy on absolutely
everything you do, send it to Microsoft and from there they can choose to hand over that info to LE
(Law Enforcement) or whoever else they are in bed with. That's obviously not good for us. So with
this in mind, here's how we can safely use Windows 10 VM for our needs.
1. Download and official Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft: www.microsoft.com/enus/software-download/windows10ISO. Or you can find it elsewhere, one thing though: it
must be official, with no junk in it.
2. Run Virtualbox.
3. Click on New . Then in the Create Virtual Machine window click Expert Mode. Name it
Windows. And for the Version select Windows 10 64-bit. Set Memory size to 8192 MB.
Create. In the Create Virtual Hard Disk make sure the File location is set to
/media/veracrypt1/windows/windows.vdi. Set File size to 80 GB. Set Hard disk file type to
VDI. Set Storage on physical hard disk to Dynamically allocated. Create
4. Select the newly created Windows VM and click on Settings . Change the following
Extended Features: Enable PAE/NX
First, tick this checkbox: 2D Video Acceleration.
Set Video Memory slider to a maximum value.
In Storage Devices select the Optical Drive .
Then in Attributes click on the CD icon . Select the Windows 10 ISO you have
→ Adapter 1
Attached to: Internal Network
Set the USB Controller to USB 2.0 for now, you can try changing it to USB 3.0 after
you install Windows 10, but it's not guaranteed to work.
Now plug in your 64-128 GB USB Flash Drive and click on this icon . Select the
drive you've just plugged in.
Untick Show in Fullscreen/Seamless. Use Right Ctrl+F to switch from windowed to
fullscreen your VM from now on, because it's cooler this way.
5. Start your Windows VM and install Windows 10. When asked for a product key, click on I
don't have a product key. Wait for the installation to finish. For your Region select United
States. For Language select English. When you're asked to Choose privacy settings for your
device, turn off EVERYTHING and hit Accept. After the initial setup is done, install
Virtualbox Guest Additions and restart Windows.
6. Now you will need to configure the Network. In the Taskbar right click on this icon .and
choose Open Network & Internet Settings → .Network and Sharing Center → Change
Adapter Settings. Right click on Ethernet and choose Properties. Select Internet Protocol
Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
Select Use the following IP address radio button and put in the following IP addresses:
IP address: 10.152.152.XX Instead of XX, put in any number from 1 to 99
Subnet mask: 255.255.192.0
Default gateway: 10.152.152.10
For Use the following DNS server addresses:
Click OK to close the window. And Close.
7. Go to Start → Windows Settings .→ Update & Security and fully update Windows.
8. Download and install the latest Firefox. Equip it with the following addons: NoScript,
Privacy Badger, HTTPS Everywhere and NordVPN Browser Extension. Last one isn't
necessary, but it'll make life easier, cause without it you'll have to solve endless capchas.
You can buy a NordVPN account on DNM for cheap. Change the default search engine to
DuckDuckGo. If NoScript won't let you access any site, you can temporarily Disable
Restrictions for this Site.
9. Download and install Avast Free Antivirus.
10. Download and install NetLimiter 4 from their official site. Launch it and go to Help →
About and registration. Register the program with this:
Registration Name: Vladimir Putin #2
Registration Code: XLEVD-PNASB-6A3BD-Z72GJ-SPAH7
Next, go to Tools → Options and change the following settings:
First, make sure the Blocker enabled checkbox is ticked.
Set both Default Blocker Action In/Out to Ask.
Make sure the Run the client on system startup checkbox is ticked.
→ Tray icon
Make sure that all 3 checkboxes are ticked.
Whenever you get a popup, follow these general rules:
Open the NetLimiter main window, select the program in question and in Info View on
the right you will see informaion about it.
Deny everything from Microsoft. Tick Remember checkbox so you won't have to deal
with this popup every time it wants to access the network.
And obviously Allow all apps that you yourself are using. Like Avast, Firefox, Riot,
Tor Browser, Proxifier, Specialized Browsers, etc.
11. SUPER IMPORTANT! This will block all spying services in Windows 10. Go to
getblackbird.net/download/. Download Blackbird (64-bit) and run it.
Share with your friends: